On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

LORD HEAR MY PRAYERS!!!

I have been sitting here in the dark for 2 hours now... while Alex continually talks non stop about EVERYTHING and we go round and round as I wrote about last night!  He has been given 5 mg of melatonin and 1mg of adavan.  He should be knocked out cold but yet he continues to holler and scream and press the nurses buttons!  He will shake the bed, rattle it.... threaten to climb out of it.... screaming to the nurses..."HELP MEEEEEEE, SHE'S HURTING MEEEEEE"!!  What the heck?????  The nurses have unplugged his bed while I sit in here so that he quits pressing  it and calling them for no reason. Now he is yelling for the nurse to come in because he says he is picking at his scabs on his head and he can feel the blood all over his face.... Mom, can you please just check out my head..... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM.... just check it out and then I will go to sleep.  I feel the blood on my face... it's bleeding bad.....MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM....

He is soooo tired that he can barely keep his eyes open!  I don't know what else to do... his brain will not shut down, it is insane!  Ok so I just caved and got up turned on the light to check for blood.... NONE OF COURSE....and then he tells me I am being mean.  MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, PLEASE PLEASE TURN ON THE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT....... as he shakes and rattles the bed!  Two hours I have been going thru this..... Lord please get us thru this stage quickly.  You are bringing me to it.... well pretty please with a cherry on top BRING ME THRU IT today... over and out.  Alex needs his rest and he is not getting any  I know it's the devil trying to hinder our progress but we are NOT going to cave!  I will stand strong and fight..... I am strong..... Alex is strong...... Lord I know you are with us all around us..... we together with you will stand strong.  You are the way the truth and the light..... we are yours to do with as you please and I am confident this is part of your plan.... I just hope that I do not go COO COO FOR COCOA PUFFS before too much longer of this.

I am worn out, mentally and physically..... tomorrow I have the CPR class to hopefully be able to take Alex for PRO DAY with Tebow.  Please lift me, Randi and Alex up in prayer as this stage of TBI (traumatic brain injury) is a very difficult one for all of us.  He is yelling MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and  begging for mirror to check out his wound with the blood all over his face.......  I am signing off for now.... too much to deal with at this moment... PRAY...PRAY ... PRAY FOR US!!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa