On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, March 19, 2010

SAVE OR SHAVE???

I thought I would get online now and blog incase it's really late when I get back from Nick's Save or Shave!  Today is a new day and I want to thank ALL OF YOU that have written me with much encouragement in response to last nights blog.  I felt the need to address it just incase there were any other people out there contemplating sending me an email in the same fashion.  All I can say is... think before you speak!  Today Alex has been a fiesty little buggar throwing food and such and I had to get onto him and let him know it wasn't acceptable!  Therapy was good today... he got on the treadmill and our goal is for him to work at walking 150ft.  Miss Jenny said that he walked on a quad cane yesterday and did really good with Miss Gina holding his trunk and she was kinda directing the quad cane.  We have been extended thru April 2nd...THANK YOU GOD... Man is he blessing me left and right!!  He is an "ON TIME GOD" yes indeed!  Miss Jenny says that since we have been extended here at Brooks, that if he continues to work as hard as he has been, that there is no doubt that he will be walking outta here... maybe with a little assistance but he will be walking none the less!   SO PROUD OF YOU ALEX!!

Tonight is going to be fun and will be nice to get out and about!  If you can make it... come out to the Landing... show starts at 8... we will be there about 7:15 to get set up...and see if Nick gets to Save or Shave his head!  You can buy a vote for $1.00 and for those that bought tickets prior to today... your vote counts 10 times to whatever you want!  Right now I have 80 SAVE and 70 SHAVE.... Nick is getting ready to count his votes from school..... WHAT'S IT GONNA BEEEEEEEEE????  Alex has already talked to Eden today and told her to "RIG" the contest and make sure that Nick SHAVES HIS HEAD, hahahahahaha!

Alex is waiting on a couple of special visitors that was arranged by my dear friend Felix!  Stay tuned for pics....  Hope to see ya'll there tonight!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa