On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

SUN DAY FOR MOM AND RANDI...YAY!

Today Randi and I got to go over to our friend Shelley's house and lay out by her pool while she entertained Mr. Alex inside!  THANK YOU MISS SHELLEY SOOOOO VERY VERY MUCH... that was just what the doctor ordered!  One of his childhood buds, Colby, came over and they both kept Miss Shelley entertained, lol!
He lasted a couple of hours before he got restless and tired and then we made our way back home but it was really nice just to have those couple of hours of NOTHING to do.  :0)

We made it back home and Heather, Jon and kids came over again and cooked Chicken Marsala... YUM YUM YUMMY!  Again... thank you so much for taking the time out of your families busy day to come and let Randi and I get other things around this house accomplished while you cooked and catered to Mr. Alex.

Alex's head is a little swollen and I'm not sure if it is part of the healing process with fluid moving around in there or if it's from the anesthesia from the surgery  or if it's from falling off of the bed.  He says he didn't hit his head but he may have jolted something.... it's never ending saga around here I tell ya!  Any ways... I called the neurosurgeon today and they have scheduled him another cat scan for Monday to make sure all is ok to go ahead with the cranioplasty on Thursday!  Please say a quick prayer that all is in tact and that it's just part of the healing process.

Tomorrow Chad and I have a wedding in Fernandina... Randi, Carly and Rhonda are in charge.... BEST OF LUCK LADIES, lol!  I know I will be a nervous wreck, checking my phone every 10 minutes... this was planned before all this happened and not to mention some much needed time away for me and Chad so I pray all goes well.

I probably won't be blogging tomorrow... too much going on so I will catch u all up on Sunday as to what transpires on Saturday.... praying all goes smoothly for the girls with Alex and that I am able to relax and actually enjoy my time with Chad.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend..... hug and kiss those babies....those teenagers too!  I take myself back to day one on a DAILY basis....LIVE FOR TODAY, count your blessings twice and remember to thank the one above!

THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa