On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

SISTER KRISTEN HAS ARRIVED!

We had a lazy day today, Alex woke up not feeling well.... not wanting to eat or drink but I made him sit up and do both!  His urine is looking a bit darker today and I don't want to end up back in the hospital!  Kristen arrived last night and so we stayed in today to catch up.  Very excited to have her here!!! Sister Amy, with kids in tow... Emma and Jude stopped by for a visit this afternoon which Alex loved!  He loves visits from family and was showing off how far he has come with his walking along with standing and even busted a few dance moves, ha ha.  While we were visiting there was a knock at the door.... to my surprise ... the news station... wanting a comment on the release of new documents.  I will say one thing and be done with this until this goes to trial and is over.  ALL of the FACTS will come out once this goes to trial!  My focus has always been and will continue to be ALEX and his recovery.  I will not..... ,and refuse to, focus on the negatives surrounding the case.... nor will I get caught up in the media and how things are portrayed.  None of that will bring Alex to where he was prior to January 6th.  We have come to far to be torn down and I will not let anything stop our progress.  Once all the cards are on the table hopefully it will bring closure for all of us involved.  God knows what's up....he is my strength and obviously he doesn't give me more than he thinks I can handle!

On a better note....A special thanks to Mark Howard and his landscaping company for coming out today at the drop of a hat call from me!  THANK  YOU so much for coming today and taking care of my lawn as "the lawn" is not one of my top priorities these days... imagine that!

We took a trip to Sam's tonight and Alex was actually enjoyable this go round.  Amazing how far he has come mentally and physically.  God continues to work in and around our life and Alex IS getting better even with every obstacle thrown our way. 

We go to the ENT on Thursday and are praying for a good report so that maybe the trach can come out soon!  Alex will begin his 2nd half of English III tomorrow... can't wait to see how that goes, lol!  Praying for comprehension and retainment fo sho!!! :0)

Signing off for today... therapy bright and early... up at 6 out the door by 7 (hopefully)

Keep those prayers coming ....for trach, dehydration and English III completion.  Oh yeah and for my sanity :o)

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa