On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, July 2, 2010

VIP TREATMENT FROM THE SHARKS!

What a great day we had yesterday! We got a personal invite from Mr. Larry Payne, with the arena football team  THE JACKSONVILLE SHARKS, to come and watch their practice and hang out with the players afterwards.....  WHAT A TREAT THAT WAS!  We first get their and roll up in the arena where Alex got to recline in the VIP section lol:




He stood up for a bit and watched some of the practice:





Threw the ball with Brooks a bit!

After practice we hung out with the players and he passed out his "pray for Alex Ross" bracelets and took pics, got autographs...Dallas Baker signed his jersey and Garcia (quarterback in below pic) signed balls for Brooks and Alex :0)








Alex giving out his bracelets!

autographs


"BIG SEXY", Alex and Brooks
We were told that the players call him that when he makes a tackle! :0)

Molly and Larry Payne, Alex and Coach Les Moss
A BIG THANK YOU FOR MAKING HIS DAY AND MAKING HIM FEEL LIKE VIP!!
Special thanks to the players.... for taking the time to meet Alex, shake his hand and giving him the time of day! We had a really great time and can't wait for the next game we can come to!

Once we left the Sharks... we headed to the Avenues Mall and actually had a GREAT TIME!  Alex was not eratic or crazy and was a pleasure to be around!  Great Mom and Son bonding time with my boys!  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I was spending money on them lol!

Today we had to be up bright and early.. leave the house by 7am to be at Therapy for 8!  DID NOT HAPPEN!  I swear I try so hard everytime to BE ON TIME!  I just have to face the fact that life as I knew it does not exist and I will NEVER be on time until Alex is fully recovered.  This morning I finally got him all squared away in the car, pillows in place, wheelchair in trunk, cooler with thickened drink bottles in check, brace for leg and quad cane in front seat, buckle him in, fix his drink for the ride.... WAIT... we only have one shoe... ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! One is in the car... why would I think they would be together ... as a pair???  I searched the house upside down... where could it be... Oh, yeah... I actually put it in the closet where it goes, lol!  I think I lost my brain the moment Alex lost his!  Bad joke.... but how very true!  Either that or Alzheimer's is setting in and that my friends ain't no joke because it runs in my family, ha!  Alex always says..."Why did you say that" or "What did you mean when you said that?".... and I say... "You always make me say stuff I don't mean"..."You make me crazy"... I talk like Rocky half the time lol!  I miss ole Rocky....MEMORIES, LOL!

Alex actually woke up feeling nauseous this morning, I told him just to sit up for a bit and see how he felt.  First sign he didn't feel good.... he wanted French Toast... I made it... he didn't eat it!  Laid back down for 30 minutes... probably should have been my sign it wasn't going to be an easy day, lol.  He was a trooper though and we did go to therapy... we didn't get the full effect today because he began to feel sick again while walking and had to stop.  He laid down on the matt for a bit and then was going to give it another go but time was up... :0(  We left therapy and then headed to walmart... we are going to blue springs this weekend and had to get him a BOAT... yes a BOAT... he wanted a blow up boat so that he can go in the water and not fall out of a regular float, lol..  soooo $40 later we have a 4 man, 8ft boat... he said it had to be big enough for him to lay down completely lol!  LOVE THAT KID!  Family bonding, roasting mallows by the fire, hot dogs, ice cold springs, fireworks.... looking forward to this weekend!  RAIN RAIN STAY AWAY!  Hoping Alex survives the wilderness and it is an enjoyable and pleasant weekend for everyone!

HAPPY FOURTH.... WISHING YOU SAFE TRAVELS AND FUN FILLED SAFE WEEKEND!!

I probably won't blog until Monday.... just depends on free time and internet service in the woods, lol!  Until then... please continue to keep us in your prayers.... every day is a challenge however Alex is a trooper and never complains or gives up! HE IS THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS!



THANK YOU GOD FOR OUR FREEDOM!
ONE NATION.... UNDER GOD
YOU BETTA BELIEVE IT!!!!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!
Lisa