On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ALEX MAKES LEAPS AND BOUNDS IN PT AND OT... MIRACLE BOY FO SHOW!

Alex has been moving along leaps and bounds over the past month and half with new things developing in both Physical therapy and Occupational therapy.  Today he did 5 reps in lowering himself to the floor and getting up from floor ALL BY HIMSELF!  This is something he has NEVER been able to do, let alone by himself... REPEATEDLY!  As you watch the next series of videos you will see how much easier it gets for him once he has gained confidence in himself and the procedure.  SO PROUD OF YOU ALEX MICHAEL!
The therapist wanted to work on this so that in case he ever falls, he will be able to get himself up from the floor should this ever happen.  Until now.. he would have been stuck on the floor... all this is new for us and I just cant believe how far he has come in the past month... I think even the therapists at Brooks are amazed at how much he has improved!
This is really his second try... I didn't video the first.


3rd GO

4th GO
 FINAL GO.... WAY TO GO ALEX!

This video below is from last week and shows his occupational therapist stimulating his triceps to get that elbow to bend.... THIS IS ALSO VERY NEW as we have never seen movement, nor has he EVER been able to get his elbow to bend!!!  He did it today WITHOUT the triceps being stimulated... he was able to do on command by himself no help... I MISSED it as I had gone to Walgreens to get his meds but you can bet I will get it tomorrow so that I can share with you.  Still this video shows how hard he trys once she lets go.



I have received several emails today all of which have made me smile.... THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for your continued love, support and prayers... MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!  I am going to leave you with some significant bible verses that were shared with me and just what I needed to hear! Thank you Katy and Lori.... I appreciate you taking time out of your busy days to lift me up!!  LOVE ALL YA'LL!!


Matthew 19:26
 26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”


Psalm 27: 13-14 “I will remain confident of this:  I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.” 


PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
LISA