On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

AAAAAND HE'S OFF TO SURGERY!


Alex was ready for surgery this morning giving us a thumbs up before taking him to the OR!  Tears of mixed emotions trickling my face as I left his side..... staying positive yet still apprehensive as they put my precious boy under anesthesia.  Sad and happy all at the same time..... surely you can all understand.  Today is a big day for us.... my baby will be put back together in one piece...FINALLY!  He slept thru the ENTIRE night with no wake ups which is a first since we have been home.... maybe that's a sign that things are looking up for us!  First thing he said to Dr. Vitarbo this morning..."Did you drink your coffee?".... LOVE IT!  Take note of the hair in the picture today as it will all be coming off again to his disliking but I told him we are going to look at this as a NEW BEGINNING!  Baby steps... one day at a time.... as he stated to the times union.... one day he will be normal again.  Thank you all for the love, support and prayers... I will be back to blog about the surgery once I get the 411 from the doc.  He went in at 8 so I am thinking I should know something around 11:30-12 ish when he is in recovery......

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa