On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, June 25, 2010

IT'S CRAZY UP IN HERE! SODIUM IS COMING DOWN!!

QUICK UPDATE.....

Extensive blood was drawn today for more tests and the sodium level is now down to normal!  FANTASTIC!  We got crazy up in here tonight and played YAHTZEE!!  What a wild and crazy Friday night we had up in here, lol!

I doubt they will be letting us go home tomorrow...even though the sodium level is back in the normal range they still want to make sure he is drinking and eating normally so that we don't end up back here next week... I tend to agree with this, lol!  He has been taking little itty bitty tiny winy  sips of apple juice.... flavored water and coke.  However... he needs to be taking much more liquids in before they will let us go... also... he needs to be outputting urine more so than he has been... soooo... even though the levels are back to normal... now we have other things to focus on! 

WE GOT THIS!

And Lord... Thank you for continuing to bless me with the life of Alex Ross.  I promised you the night of January 6th that I would take him any way you gave him back to me and I have been faithful in my walk and will continue to do so.  We will face whatever challenges arise on our journey and will not lose FAITH in YOU no matter how much the devil trys to bring us down!  Thank you Lord for the many many blessings I have in my life with family, friends and my good health to be able to take on whatever obstacles come our way in Alex's recovery progress.  You are an awesome God and I still give you all the honor glory and praise for your miracle in Alex!  You have turned heads.... you now have many believers that were in limbo or lost.... many have changed their whole way of life...changed attitudes and how people look at life.....many count their blessings and give you praise...... many have been saved by your Grace... many have rededicated their lives.... because of your miracle in Alex you have saved 3 lives contemplating suicide that I know of, and there may be more.  This is an incredible journey... I am still learning.... still in awe of what you are capable of and very thankful at how you give me the strength to get through the days when I think "How can we take any more"... you wake me up with a smile on my face and full of sunshine in my spirit.... for that, I thank YOU LORD!  Most of all... THANK  YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY... no matter if we are in a hospital or our home... I thank you! :0)

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa

PS... Thank you Miss Donna for the chocolate Sundae's today.... just what the doctor ordered! :0)