On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SCHOOL HAS BEGUN.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

WOWEEEWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!  All I can say is LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH! I know we are not supposed to ask for patience so I won't.... but I need something along those lines, lol!  Today we got started on our compass odyssey classes... I opted to start with Ecology... WHAT WAS I THINKING, LOL.  5 lessons, 2 quizzes and a chapter test.... 2 hours this morning and another 3.5 this afternoon.... Thank God my mom was here to teeter back and forth with keeping his attention on the assignments and tests.  Thank you God that it was auditory and that I didn't have to read all that to him.... I for sure would have gone over the edge, ha ha. On the first quiz he made an 8 out of 10 - on the second quiz he got an 8 out of 10.... chapter quiz 18 out of 20!  WAY TO GO ALEX!  Funny thing with these quizzes... I was sitting right there with him listening to lessons.... paying attention or so I thought and half the answers I would have picked and thought he was picking wrong answers... HE WAS GETTING RIGHT!  I sooooooo would have failed, lol!  PROUD OF MY BOY TODAY... I had to keep him motivated.... he kept wanting to push school off to Thursday telling me that today was his day off.  I was the bearer of bad news to say... you don't have anymore days off during the week... only Saturday and Sunday :0/  Two other courses that are set up for now are US History and Algebra II.  LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH!

Tomorrow we have therapy so we won't be doing any schooling as it wears him out and I don't want to overload him.

Can't wait to see what amazing things he does tomorrow... stay tuned for video's of his new tricks! :0)

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
Lisa

PS  Please pray for me with this whole new added pressure of school.  It is really going to overwhelm me however I am trying to stay positive and am focusing on the fact that HE WILL GRADUATE with his class.... AND WALK!