On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

OBSTACLE COURSES

I forgot to post these last night.... these videos are from Friday.  We had a day off today so we did some schooling.  Today we tackled HEALTH... he did so good!  He did about 4-5 assignments, a quiz and a chapter test!  90% on the quiz and 80% on the chapter quiz... BRAVO!! Crazy how he retains information and can understand it all.  It may be a whole new ball game once we tackle some of the math courses, lol.  

Our plans today were to go and pay a visit to Jocelyn, the 17 year old girl that was shot in head labor day weekend, however her parents were not available this am to ask if we could visit so we are going to try again tomorrow morning.  PLEASE PRAY IT WORKS OUT... I really feel like I need to touch base with this family and give some hope, prayer and optimism.  It's all Alex has been talking about.... you know he really wants to go when he offers to get up at 7 so we can leave by 8 to go before his doctor appts tomorrow!

He has an eye exam and then follow up visit with the eye doctor  tomorrow morning.  Special prayers needed for this visit as we will find out if his peripheral vision has improved at all.  If you remember a month or so ago I blogged that this has a chance to improve and if it is going to.... it usually does so within the first 6 mos.  LORD PLEASE LET HIS EYES HAVE IMPROVED.... I do not want to tell him he can never drive again..... I know this is in your hands Lord and I do not want seem greedy with our many blessings you have already so graciously given to us.  We have just come so far that it is hard for me to grasp the concept that he will never be able to drive again.  We can do all things thru you Lord.... you have a plan.... I ask that you continue to heal Alex from the tip of his head to the bottom of his toes in your time Lord.  I have learned sooo many things from this Lord and the most important lesson of all is that I know I CAN LEAN ON YOU.  I have total faith that you will do what you deem necessary and in your time according to your plan.  I ask all this in the name of Jesus... AMEN!

Alex's life is a miracle already ..... 8 months later by the Grace of God,  Alex is taking steps with a quad cane by himself!  WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT ANY OF THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE??? Surely not me!  Check out his amazing progress below:







I cannot tell you how proud I am when I sit here and watch these videos.  In total awe of what God has done with my handsome boy!  If you have ever questioned your faith... ALEX MICHAEL ROSS is living proof!  All you have to do is have FAITH!  COMPLETE FAITH!  Let Go and Let God... IT WORKS!  Thank YOU God for one more day with my handsome boy and all the many blessings that come with that!!  :0)

Looking forward to a GREAT day tomorrow!
PEACE ~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa