On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

BUNKERED DOWN!

Brooks left for school this morning at about 6:50am and calls me about 5 minutes later to tell me to get up and set the alarm again and make sure all the doors are locked because there is a manhunt going on for someone who killed his own brother, his friend and shot his parents.  He robbed the Kangaroo a mile down the street last night and there were media and cops still there........everywhere.... I think it freaked Brooks out because it was so close!  Sooo I got up, set the alarm, checked all the doors and in my Nyquil state.... went back to sleep lol.  At about 8:30am... Chad get's to work and finds out what all the fuss is about at the Kangaroo and calls me.... to tell me to set the alarm... lol and that there was a killer on the loose around our neighborhood in the woods. Soooo I get back up and set the alarm, now awake and a LITTLE freaked out.   I go to the computer to see what the latest and the greatest update is with the crazy on the loose.  Last seen on 217 which is about a mile opposite of the kangaroo.... on the other side of our neighborhood, lol!  I just can't win today, ha!  JSO cautioned everyone to stay in their homes, locked up tight.... THAT'S JUST WHAT WE DID!  I cancelled therapy... all I could envision was...  open garage..... me trying to get Alex in the car... slow moving.. close the door...roll down the window... place the pillow between his leg and the door.... roll his window up..... get the leg rests off of the wheelchair, pull the cushion off of the wheelchair, oh wait... grab the bag off of the chair....pop the trunk, heave hoe the wheelchair into the trunk, close the trunk and there HE would stand!!  HECK NO!  I wasn't taking any chances today because with the luck I have had lately... it would happen just as I imagined.  We don't do anything fast around here anymore... everything is at a turtle pace so I opted out of leaving the house today.... atleast until Chad got home anyways.  Meanwhile ... my little post traumatic stress disorder child is freaking out ... thinking he see's shadows outside the blinds.... noises... having me look the the blinds every so often... not letting me leave the living room... not even to go to the bathroom!  He called Carly the cop his boo to come over and protect him lol!  As soon as she could... she arrived to protect us and relieve me so that I could go to the restroom.  We stayed in and Alex got ALOT of school work accomplished today we had cabin fever and decided to go out for dinner at Okinawa at Alex's request.  We load up and head out for our nice dinner and God sat us at the table with three Angels.  Kim, Emily and Charlie Stuckey.  Right off the bat you know Alex made a way to converse with them ........ asked Kim her name and from that point on we had made new friends.  As we were boxing up our food, I asked for our check and was told that our new friends had picked up the tab! WHAT A HUGE BLESSING.....God  sent angels our way and I'm still at a loss for words at how he places people in our lives on a daily basis as all part of his plan.  The unimaginable or unthinkable actuall IS!  Thank you Lord for blessing me day after day ..... knowing what we need..... bringing me a smile, a phone call, an email... new friends.... A PICK ME UP.... THANK U!   Thank you STUCKEY family for blessing us with your friendship and an awesome meal.... we truly appreciate your generosity and look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks for the FL/ GA week!  Sad we missed therapy today... I don't like canceling but he did get a lot of school accomplished today on the upside of things.

Prayer request for my sweet friends, Rhonda and Debbie's Aunt Marylee who is not doing well.  PRAYER WARRIORS GET BUSY PLEASE!

Praying tonight that they catch the crazy running around here and lock him up for good so we can relax and Alex can feel safe.  Lord please watch over all the police out there searching for this man.... protect them while they are trying to protect us.... and please pay special attention to Carly the Cop Alex's boo and keep her out of harms way.  THANK YOU... AMEN!

HAVE A GREAT DAY.... SENDING YOU SMILES AND RAINBOWS!
PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa