On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, January 7, 2011

AND ON THE 7TH DAY HE PERFORMED A MIRACLE ON ALEX ROSS!

WOW!!!  What a surreal day yesterday was!   Reliving that fateful day..I was up and down all day... in and out of tears....... getting together with close friends and family last night to watch the Tim Tebow documentary and seeing what a HUGE part Alex had in that!  WOW!  He spent a good two hours with us that day in the hospital and I tell you what... that prayer he prayed with us before he left was absolutely the HIGHLIGHT of my day! What an amazing young man and we are so honored that we were able to be a part of his documentary.  TIM TEBOW.... OH MY GOSH!  I still can't believe it!  When they contacted us and asked us to sign a release, I just figured that he would be shown in the background or you would catch a glimpse of him.... HE HAD A WHOLE SECTION!  WOW!  "THE ALEX ROSS VISIT".... WOW!  Thank you, thank you thank you Tim Tebow!!!  You will forever be tied to our hearts for what you have done for my boy.  I can only hope and pray that my boys grow up to be half the young man that you are!  You have set a great example for young boys and athletes to look up to and words can't describe what I am feeling inside after watching such an amazing documentary last night.

Waking up this morning floods memories with Alex surviving through the night and still being with us. On the night of the 6th.... I had no hope, no faith... I was going to be burying my son within the week.  How am I going to survive losing my son?  What am I going to say to his brothers? His father? It all changed for me when the nurse came in and asked me if when he flatlined if I wanted them to resuscitate? "I have 3 hours.... seriously I don't want to think about that right now... can you give me a minute to collect my thoughts and make a decision? "  Thoughts running through my head.... when that time comes... will I be able to give up? what would be best for Alex? I don't want to cause him anymore pain than he has already endured.  Do I quietly let him go in peace?  I had to talk to his brothers and decide together what to do.  Brooks and Nick with their precious faces looked at me and said "Don't give up on him momma".... "Keep fighting for him until he can't fight anymore"..."Bring him back as many times as you need to and let him keep fighting".  IT WAS A DONE DEAL!  I was going to fight for my boy and NOT STOP! It was at that point that we prayed... HARDER THAN I HAVE EVER PRAYED BEFORE.... BEGGING, PLEADING, CRYING TO GOD.... PLEASE SAVE MY BOY!  YOU CAN USE HIM TO DO GREAT THINGS FOR YOU...WHAT A TESTIMONY THAT WILL BE LORD IF YOU SAVE HIM!  I gave him everything I had that night..... I learned to put my faith with every ounce of my being in HIM!  I have never ever had to do that until now.  I had nothing left so what could I possibly lose... I had EVERYTHING to gain!  This is what it's all about..... Putting complete and total faith in God... Giving it all to Him and letting Him do the work that only He can!  And let me tell you what....A Huge sense of relief came over me... a peace I cannot explain!  3 hours turned into 5 hours turned into 8 hours and On the 7th day God performed a TRUE MIRACLE in saving Alex's life... something the doctor could not explain when he took me in that little room to give me an update.  As I am walking from Alex's room to the waiting room, the neurosurgeon calls my name and says he needs to talk to me.  I immediately freak out and am frantic looking for Brian and Chad because I don't want the bad news by myself.... I need some support in there to bare the brunt of the blow with me.  As we go to sit down in the room, he says... "I actually have some good news".  I look at Chad, he looks at me.... what could it be.  Surely his brain hasn't stopped bleeding... they said it was impossible!  The injuries that his brain suffered..... there was nothing more they could do.  WELL AGAIN... ON THE 7TH DAY GOD PERFORMED A MIRACLE ON ALEX ROSS!  Doctor Arcy looks at us and says... "The bleeding has stopped".  Chad had to catch himself and we asked again... "What did you say?"  "The bleeding has stopped and I can't explain it".  And as I scooted from the back of the chair and up into an upright position I looked him square in the face and said... " I'll tell you what that is.... THAT IS A MIRACLE OF GOD!" He looked at me and said "You are probably right!"  The doctors have not been able to explain his progress throughout this whole ordeal.  Alex is doing things he should NOT be doing with the injury that he suffered.  I sit here and remember all the feelings that I was feeling and I remember walking into the waiting room where atleast 100 people were waiting to hear what the doctor had to say.  Chad and I had planned to walk in with a solemn face and then WOW them with the news of THE BLEEDING HAD STOPPED.  I'll never forget their faces... kids, friends, family... SO MANY PEOPLE to WITNESS the miracle God had just performed on MY boy!  As the words flowed from my lips and tears trickling down my face... "the bleeding has stopped."  The clapping... the cheers... the amazement and shock in so many faces!  THANK YOU GOD!  Then I got the... "you had us fooled... you came in here making us think it was bad news"... hee hee :0)  THAT WAS THE DAY THAT GOD GRABBED EVERYONE'S ATTENTION!!!  He had done the unthinkable.... the impossible.... HE SAVED ALEX ROSS' LIFE!  Again... THANK  YOU GOD!!  I think about how many lives Alex has touched.... so many were walking the wrong path.... had turned away from God.... non-believers NOW believe!!  You ARE working miracles through my boy God....Thank you for giving us a second chance at life!  I give you all the Honor, Glory and Praise!  AMEN!  WE GOT THIS!!!

A quick thank you to all of you who blew my facebook page, email and phone up yesterday with soooo many encouraging and kind words.... remembering that it was the anniversary of that fateful day....THANK YOU!  I had no idea so many of you remembered the day....or were still reading, lol.  I have slacked off in my writings a lot so I figured I had lost so many of our followers .... yesterday confirmed that I still have so many many supporters out there that are still praying and following our progress.  Alex continues to work hard at therapy and this is the year for many great things!  Graduation is so close... right around the corner!!  CAN'T WAIT!  SO PROUD!  I hate that he has missed his junior and senior years at high school... the best years of his life... but I am going to stay focused on the positives instead of the things that were taken away from him.  THANK YOU my prayer warriors for sticking by our side and watching as my miracle boy recovers at superman speed!  We couldn't have done it without you!!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
LISA