On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

DAY 3 IN PARADISE!

Even though we were totally exhausted from our adventure at the Polynesian Culture Center... my body alarm clock went off at 5:30 and I headed to the balcony as I call it my little "peace" of heaven.  I talked about the surfers that were always there.... not one morning did I go out there and they hadn't beat me to it.  They are definitely dedicated to their sport!































Because we were so exhausted from the travel and going going going the day after we got there... today we decided to be lazy and just hang around the AWESOME pool at the hotel.  I let the boys sleep in a little and then we decided to do our own excursion and set out to find a good old DENNY'S, lol.  Everything was so expensive there we figured we could get more bang for our buck there with a grand slam or something of that sort.  WRONG, lol!  It was $ 80.00 for the 5 of us... aaaaaaaaaaahhhh.... I was ready to find a Dunkin Donuts or a bagel shop after that, ha ha.  We finished breakfast and just walked around the area getting a feel for what was around us and found a little flea market of sorts where Alex found anything and everything that he wanted to buy.  We had to get him outta there quickly because he was like a kid in a candy store and touching everything, lol.  We headed back to the hotel, changed into our swim suits and headed to the pool.  This was a very very emotional day for me, definitely one of the most memorable with the sweet taste of Alex getting his legs back.  Once the boys got him into the pool..... WOW... it was like the old Alex or seeing my baby swim for the first time.  Tears flowed from my eyes as he discovered that he could RUN, JUMP and SWIM in water .... ALL BY HIMSELF!  He was SOOO HAPPY.... he just kept saying over and over again... " I GOT MY LEGS BACK... I GOT MY LEGS BACK"!  "I'm outta here.. I'll see ya'll later"!  ONE OF OUR BEST MOMENTS BY FAR!!!  Here are a few video's that you may have already seen along with some pics from our pool day.














 One of the happiest moments since January 6, 2010.....swimming with Alex and getting a taste of who he used to be!  Thank you God...... for it is moments like this that I am grateful to know you as My Lord and Savior and to witness your AWESOMENESS and GRACE!  THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!


You all know the attention span of Mr. Alex and know all to well that he soon got bored if we weren't chasing him around the pool and decided he wanted to try the ocean.  Walking in water shoes with no support was a real challenge for him the entire trip because his left ankle LOVES to roll when not supported in high top shoes or low tops with brace.  His ankle did swell some while on vacation but he was a trooper and surely wasn't going to let that ankle stop him from doing ANYTHING!






 ONE OF FAVORITE PICS FROM THE TRIP!  My three boys just hanging out!




Once back from the beach Alex had had enough of the walking and water and convinced Brooks to go in and take showers.... I honestly think he had to be pooped from getting so much exercise lol!!  He hasn't been that active since before he got shot.  Chad, Nick and I opted to stay by the pool and relax and soak up the beauty of it all :0)    Alex called a couple of hours later they were getting ice cream at Baskin and Robbins and heading to lobby to make lei's so I headed that way and I too learned how to make a lei!!  I helped Alex because you needed two hands, so he strung some of the flowers as well.  We are all pro's now at making real flower lei's!!






What a great day we had with many amazing moments and precious moments captured that fed my heart and soul that I had so longed to experience.  To see Alex light up and realize that he could actually walk or rather run all by himself was the most precious gift God has given me since saving his life.  Words cannot describe the emotions running wild that day nor erase the smile that I am grinning from ear to ear just writing about it.  If I could have stood time still that day for a bit longer I would and I might even hit the replay button over and over and over again just to see that first initial reaction of his childlike expression really was heartwarming and priceless!  Dreams Come True had arranged a dinner at Roy's that night so we got all gussied up and headed for a stroll to our destination.  We were in such a perfect location and central to everything that we were within walking distance of shopping and eating which was really nice.

Dinner was amazing and we had the most awesome waiter ever!  I have no pics from dinner and I can't believe it lol!  I was a picture taking fool.... we must have been concentrating on the food, ha ha!  Once we got up to our room, I headed out to the balcony outside of our bedroom and got a snapshot of the beach below.... again... surreal and breathtaking.  An amazing ending to a perfect day......  Thank you God for with you... ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!




PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
LISA