On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THANK YOU GOD FOR AN AMAZING DAY!!

What a great day!!  Alex started our day off with taking 15 steps and then ready again for another 15 if not more!  ALEX TOOK AT LEAST 30 STEPS TODAY!!!!  WOW!  Today was an awesome day for Alex!




Alex's favorite part of our day was when we had a visit from Maurice Jones-Drew and Reggie Nelson!!!  WOW!  My heart is truly touched that they chose to take time out of their busy day to visit my handsome boy!  You guys will never know how much it means to me and how much in awe I am by your thoughtful gesture. Alex may not fully understand it all at this very moment... but when he is fully recovered and we go back thru all that has happened he will be amazed himself.  I can't wait for you two to come back and meet the real Alex... you will love the awesome kid that we all know and love!!  That day isn't far away!!




Sorry I haven't been on and blogged before now but today has been a crazy fun productive day and I have been loving every minute of it!  I always say no news is good news right... lol.  We had a little press meet with the news stations and Times Union got some pics... we feel very honored that our story is touching hearts and changing lives and that our visitors thought we were special enough to come and see us!  I am a little sad that  Action News didn't show the one part I was hoping you all would see.... when Alex took the microphone from the reporter, Ilyssa Trussel, and mouthed " I LOVE YOU MOM" on TV!!!  Funny how my boys have always talked about when they become famous and get on TV they would always give a shout out to mom and say I LOVE YOU MOM.  Alex finally got the chance to do so and they took it away from him!  That was such a big part of his personality and it didn't get put on air but they sure made a point to put the part about what I had to say about Kenny Ray ... even cutting out pieces in that part of where I state that "I'm not trying to be ugly and I have no ill will towards the parents"........ I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH TO MEDIA.... MY concern is ALEX... MY focus is ALEX, WEEE FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES.....When we do anything media related with Alex.... the FOCUS IS TO BE ALEX and nothing else!   You really missed out on what the community would really like to see and that would have been to see Alex MOUTH the words... I LOVE YOU MOM.  Something to show the progress he has made....Enough Said!


THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!!


THANK YOU REGGIE AND MAURICE FOR YOUR VERY SPECIAL HEARTWARMING VISIT.... YOU'LL NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU TOUCHED MY HEART!  PLEASE COME BACK AND VISIT IN TWO WEEKS AND SEE WHAT GOD IS DOING IN ALEX'S LIFE AND WITNESS THE RESULTS FIRST HAND!  YOU TWO ARE NOW PART OF OUR FAMILY AND WE EXPECT TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!!  XOXO


 I can't stress enough how very much I am touched by this visit.... and by the overwhelming outpour of love from our community.  THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!! Tomorrow is a new day and I can't wait to see what God and Alex have in store for us!  


Going to spend time with my little hero.... wishing you all a good night!!  Cuddle with those kiddies....kiss them for Miss Lisa!!


PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!


Lisa