On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, May 21, 2010

PRAYERS NEEDED!

Very emotional this morning.... my heart goes out to the families involved.... I know what they are going thru and I want my prayer warriors on this as soon as possible!

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=156346&catid=3

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23626610/detail.html

Heather Beninati & Courtney Hendrix were in a horrible car accident last night and air lifted to Shands where Alex was taken care of.  These two girls, ages 16 & 17 went to school with Brooks.  The car that they hit head on is a friend of  one of my friends, her name is Kellie Beal and she had a 14 year old passenger with her and I'm not sure of anyone's status at this point.  I have seen on Facebook that Courtney Hendrix has passed away and if this is correct....LORD PLEASE WRAP YOUR ARMS AROUND THIS FAMILY!  If I can offer emotional support to any of these families involved... someone please let me know!  Although I do not know any of the people involved, this has really touched my heart and I want my prayer warriors to get on this as soon as possible because THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD for everyone involved as well as friends and family.

I had a mini melt down last night after I got my quiet time in my bath ... I apologize for not updating you for yesterday.  It wasn't Alex being Alexander... I just felt like I was being pulled in a million different directions and sometimes wish I had 8 clones of myself to get all that I needed to get done.  I need a personal babysitter for Alex 24-7... one that he is content with lol.  It doesn't matter who is here... he still wants MOM and there just isn't enough of me to go around sometimes for everyone to get what they need.  My memory is shot... I can't remember anything these days... hoping that alzheimer's isn't setting in already or that it isn't anything more serious.  We are off of therapy on Fridays so today I am going to try to get things done around here that need to be squared away....maybe that will make me feel better, lol

PLEASE PRAY FOR ALL THESE FAMILIES INVOLVED..... I cry just thinking about what each and everyone who loves these people is feeling right now.  It's stories like this and the one about the baseball player who just passed away Andrew Cohn, http://www.news4jax.com/news/23619823/detail.html , that make me get on my knees and thank God for one more day with my handsome boy!  It confirms that miracle that God has performed and makes me 100 times more thankful for my many blessings that have come out of this tragedy.  Again... count your blessings and then count them again!  THINGS CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE..... even in my current situation!

Again, if any of you personally know these families and if I can provide any type of emotional support or encouragement... please put me in contact with them.  I thank you for your prayers, love and support for me, Alex, Chad and these families!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa