On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

ALEX ROSS YOU ROCK!



The Alex we all know and love.... I miss YOU kid and hope to see you soon!

Alex is doing remarkable at therapies and I am sooooo proud of him and how much he has been pushing thru this last week!  Not only has he been busting his butt for therapy but also in school work.  He is determined to get his Compass Odyssey class out of the way and today he did 3 assignments... they take about 1.5-2 hours each.  We have had a great weekend... Kevin and Renee had us over for dinner last night and Alex had fun playing with KK and Zachary, lol.  The masks actually talks like a transformer, ha!  At one point Carly took him to the bathroom for me  (you'll love this) and she said he was just sitting there on the toilet and she said " look at you, half naked just sitting there, hanging out talking .... are you going to do something?"  Alex's response... "  I know... why am I the only one naked... why ain't you naked?"  HAHAHAHA.... she packed him up and hauled him outta there, lol!  He loves to push the envelope!  THANK YOU Kevin and Renee for having us over and feeding us... it was nice to get out and hang out like old times... a break away from our real world!  LOVE YA'LL!



We are training for the bridges run on the 31st and then the TOUR DE PAIN.... WHEW AM I CRAZY!  Ran Saturday morning 4.4 miles... WOW... I can't believe it myself, lol!  The Acosta bridge is UNBELIEVABLE  after you have run 3 miles, lol!  I figure running is a great stress reliever for me and I can take out all my aggressions on the wide open road, ha ha!  Not looking to be a top runner or anything... just checking off some things on my bucket list!! :0)  WE KNOW THAT TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED so I am LIVING FOR TODAY!  A big thank you to my woooonderful hubby who talked me into doing the Tour De Pain and bought me new running shorts and a visor to match for motivation, lol.  He knows how to get to my heart :0)  LOVE YOU BABE!

The below video is Alex doing his vital stim testing where they put electrodes directly under his chin (you can see where they bandaged it during testing) and it actually sends electrical shocks (feels like it's hugging his throat) and he has to do certain exercises to strengthen his voice so hopefully one day he will be able to talk normal again!




The below video is Alex learning how to stand up by himself... something I think we all take for granted is very difficult for him!  He was a trooper on Friday and did some great walking once again and is getting the hang of it to where he barely holds on to us when we walk in front of him.  GO ALEX!!




MORE VACA PICS!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!


Submitted by Karen Cox::
Hey Lisa,

So Alex went to Wrigley Field in Chicago last night to see the Cubs play the Phillies...And he made us Lucky as the Cubs (who have not been hitting this year) won 12-6!  Thanks Alex!




Donna, Collin and Ryan sent in this one from Cake Boss from the TLC show



HEIDI LEE.... thank you.... thank you.... thank you for bringing us dinner tonight!  CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS...faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic!  It's the little things that mean so much and you and your family are a true blessing to me and my family!  LOVE YA'LL!!  Skylar and Cameron... thanks for coming to hang out with Alley Pooh today... he loves hanging out with his friends and you two are some of the best!!  




Thanks again to all who continue to write, pray for us and inspire me daily!  YOU ARE GODS ANGELS sent from above!  God... thank you for giving me the strength to get thru each day as some days are tougher than others and I know it is you who gives me strength!  My faith is stronger than ever and I know I can always count on you no matter the challenges that may come my way.  THANK YOU FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY... I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel and I can't wait to get there! :0)


Brooks' Birthday and BOTOX injections on THURSDAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  Please keep us in your prayers as he will have to be sedated to have this procedure!

Keep the bracelet pics coming and those that need them can get them at Fran's Boutique and Salon on Normandy Blvd. :0)  For those of you out of town that requested them... I am hoping to get them in the mail to you this week... sorry for the delay... I always think I will do it in my free time and that is few and far between!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!
Lisa