On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, July 16, 2010

DAY OFF OF THERAPY... YARD DAY FOR MOM :0)

Alex and I tried sleeping in his room last night in his new bed... he didn't sleep one wink in there!  We are still facing issues of feeling safe and feeling comfortable in his surroundings without being scared and I am hoping at some point that this is just part of the healing process and we get past it!  I am going to try to get his room all spruced up and make it a safe haven for him where he is ok with being alone because now... HE IS NOT!  He is still going thru a phase of not being able to be alone in a room... ANY ROOM... if a door opens or he hears a noise he immediately has to know who has entered the room or what the noise is.... he is still very fearful at all times.  Understandably so with his type of injury, I just hate it for him.  I don't leave his side for very long and always try to make sure someone is with him if I have to do laundry, take a shower, clean... etc.  Once his trach comes out we will be back on track for more therapy, physchological and cognitive, I just don't want another setback with another operation so I am waiting to see what happens on August 19th when we go back to see if growth has gone away.  PRAY IT DOES... we don't want anymore operations!!

I had an early start this am... did some laundry and my girlfriend Angie came over and we had YARD DAY.  OMG... we busted our butts today in my yard and planted a boat load of plants and flowers and my flower beds are beeeeeeeeautiful!  Brooks and Nick were a HUGE help with digging up bushes and digging holes... moving things etc... GREAT DAY and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my pretty yard!  We still have alot to do, I just can't get it all done in a day, lol... as much as I would like too!!  We ended up scrambling at the end as the rain came... lightning was CRAZY and we had to stop.  MISS ANGIE... THANK YOU...THANK YOU.. THANK YOU!  I can't wait till we get it ALL done and then maybe I will win Yard of the Month, hahahahahaha!  We don't even have that here I don't think but I'll make a sign that says I won, lol!

Alex and Kristen did schoolwork while we played in the yard only when Kristen started... Alex fell asleep because HE DIDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT , lol.  They finally got it done and Alex scored an 8 out of 10 today!!  If anyone knows anything about compass odyssey and how to keep it from timing out so that they don't have to go back thru the entire lesson again and again... PLEASE LET US KNOW!  We waste MORE time with having to go back thru the assignment and he has alot of assignments to get completed by July 30th.  Tomorrow we don't have therapy until 3 and 4 so Kristen is going to try to get two assignments in!  Funny story is the "present day Alex" is very serious about taking notes while doing the courses online... He told Kristen that "a good student ALWAYS takes notes"... the "old Alex" probably NEVER took notes a day in his ADHD life, lol!  she also told him that they would begin classwork today at 1pm and even though Dax and Terry were here visiting him... he told her it was time to start his work at precisely 1pm!!  I LOVE THIS about the present day Alex, lol!  He is like a SPONGE soaking up everything and wanting and craving information and details about anything and everything. THANK YOU GOD FOR MY LITTLE BLESSING.... ALEX MICHAEL ROSS and the miracles that you continue to perform in our lives daily!  We are keeping our focus on just that!

Here are some more VACA PICS:



Alex visited St. Patricks Cathedral in NY with Miss Donna and family!



Alex went fishing in the Gulf Stream with Brian and Dana... same boat Brian took him and Brooks on almost a year ago to date!



Amelia, Travis' little girl, LOVES her Uncle Alley!

THANK YOU GUYS FOR SHARING AND ALWAYS KEEPING ALEX CLOSE TO YOUR HEART WHETHER YOU ARE NEAR OR FAR!

PEACE~ LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa

PS... Thank you to the many of you that continue to send me smiles and sunshine in emails that make my day and give me that push that I sometimes need to get me thru to the next day.  God is using you as my little angels.... he sure knows how to keep my light shining!  WHAT AN AWESOME GOD! :0)