On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

ALEX WOWS ME AGAIN!

The person dependent on Christ has the amazing ability to maintain a steady ship on a stormy sea.  


GO ALEX MICHAEL ROSS.... YOU AMAZE ME EVERY DAY AT THERAPY... I LOVE YOU!

Today Alex had Miss Christy for physical therapy and she incorporated "stairs" into Alex's therapy today.  He was to climb up 4 stairs and down 4 stairs 9 times.... a total of 72 stairs.  Once at the bottom of the stairs he had to place a number in the square of how many times he had completed the task.  I tell you what... he was kicking butt!  Sweating like crazy and probably did lose a pound or two... lol.  He was cracking us up... singing speed racer.. go speed racer.... acting like he was looking for Juliet at the top of the stairs.... a good sport in the midst of what was really hard work for him.  I'm talking dripping with sweat and his clothes were soaked, lol.  I can't tell you how proud I was today to watch him keep going and working at it.  He knew he had 9 to complete and he never asked to stop.... just kept cracking jokes and smiling.... kept on trucking on!!

See below his hard work:  The videos say 9-21 but they are from today... I just don't know the date, lol!







ALEX'S WORDS FOR TONIGHT:


I love all of you who have been praying for me, especially Zoe.  Thank you Ms. Alison Buckel for getting my voice where it needs to be.  Thank you Ms. Ali Wehunt for pushing me in physical therapy and now because of you I can walk by myself with a cane.  I busted my butt today in therapy by walking about 50 yards and for the first time was able to go up and down the stairs.... 72 to be exact!  I think I lost 5lbs I sweated so much.  It was hard but I've learned to fight thru it if I want to walk and be back to my normal self one day.  Please pray for Savannah Wood's grandma.  God Bless and Good Night!!

We are having computer problems... I will have to close for now... I got the majority in of what I wanted to say... hoping to have issues resolved tomorrow.  I NEED TO BLOG, LOL!!

Tomorrow we welcome our niece SOPHIA MOODY as sista Jodi will be induced tomorrow morning bright and early!  WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER!  Please keep Jodi, baby Sophia and daddy Zach in your prayers for an easy delivery and a healthy baby as they welcome Sophia to their family.  I can't wait to spoil you baby girl!! Jodi and Zach.... we love you and are so very happy tomorrow is finally here and know that you will be GREAT Christian parents! She is a lucky little girl!!  Big prayers, hugs and kisses coming your way.

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP~
LISA