On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

LEAPS AND BOUNDS!

THANK YOU GOD FOR THE MIRACLES YOU CONTINUE TO BLESS US WITH DAILY IN ALEXS LIFE!

So keep a firm grip on the faith....
It won't be long before this generous God
Who has great plans for us in Christ....
will have you put together and on your feet for good.
1 Peter 5:9-10

Alex gets up from mat BY HIMSELF, bends over and picks up the cone...HUGE HUGE SUCCESS!  WAY TO GO ALEX!!!  LEAPS AND BOUNDS I TELL YA!



Below in this video if you look you will see something around Alex's left knee area.  This is bioness... it has a device that is also in his shoe and it sends electronic signals, shocks if you will, to his nerves in his leg to wake them up.  He will tell you how much he DETESTS it and how it is worse than a dog shock collar and feels like a shock collar of that on an elephant.... hahahahahaha!  He cracks me up.  He hated it and continues to tell me he won't be doing that again but it is working and I'm the boss anyways! :0)



He continues to please me at his therapies, however I feel like his ADHD meds might be having a different effect on him since the incident.  I feel like it has him all over the place and overstimulates him making it more difficult for him to focus on one thing at a time.  Last night it was very difficult for him to sleep and he was up at least 8 times off and on for various reasons with crazy crazy dreams and talking randomly in his sleep all night!  He was a little off kilter at therapy Monday but I chalked it up to him having a new therapist and the bioness in both occupational and physical therapies and that always puts him in a tizzy!  Today he did great with his schooling and is johnny on the spot with me anytime he is sitting there with nothing to do, he wants to do online schooling which is great.... however... when we got to the testing parts today... it was like he was rushing thru them and answering before even thinking over the possibilities that D might could be an answer if I could get him to scroll all the way down and look at ALL the possible answers.  He just wanted to take the first answer he thought it might be and go with it.  Normally this is not his style... his little OCD self will evaluate and evaluate and evaluate.  Since on the medication he has been a little erratic, irrational and a non listener.  What the heck???  Soooooooooooo, tomorrow I am NOT going to give the meds and see how he does throughout the day.  PROCESS OF ELIMINATION.

Alex is insisting he has a paragraph tonight... here goes :0)

Hey everybody....It's Alex, I wanted to have at least one blog.  I went to therapy on Monday, it was good except for my physical therapist was shocking me.  Please pray for my teacher Miss Colberts friend who was shot several times recently, for Jocelyn Batiste and Shauna Terrell.  Philippians 4:13 I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.  Faith is not believing God can, but knowing God will!  God Bless and Good Night!

BLESS HIS HEART! :0)

Closing for now with that note as he will not go to sleep as long as I sit here and type lol.  Keep the prayers coming... I have one special prayer request for a follower and precious girl:

Savanah Wood would like us to pray for her grandmother, Rose Wood Olson, who had a bad stroke and is not doing so well.  Please lift her up in prayer.  I love you sweet Jesus, please watch over this family and give them the strength to pull through this as a family.    Give them the strength to lean on you and trust in you Lord.  You are capable of miracles Lord and we are hoping for one right now.  Comfort this family and wrap your arms around them and Gma Olson...... and please take away any pain she may be experiencing.  In Jesus Name I pray... AMEN!

Gotta run... Alex is wigging out!
Peace~love~n~thumbs up!

Lisa