On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

AN AMAZING NIGHT!



If you were one of the lucky ones to be there and see it with your own eyes.... HOW AMAZING WAS THAT?!  We went to homecoming ceremony for Brooks football team at Normandy Athletic Association and they started out the ceremony by honoring Alex and presented him with his #3 Normandy Jersey framed... AWESOME.  As they told his story, we walked hand in hand...no cane....no chair... side by side, hand in hand we walked onto the field to receive his gift.  The crowd cheering and clapping.... the cheerleaders chanting "We are proud of you, say we are proud of you".... chills up and down my entire body..... tears of joy for my handsome boy.  He stops to wave his hand at the crowd..... blow some kisses their way.... shakes his butt and does a little jig.... HE IS A HOT MESS!  He was eating it up and cracking me up!  He kept asking me if they were going to call his name out during the ceremony and I just said... I'm not sure but if they do, are you ready to show them how far you've come and walk holding my hand?.... IT WAS AN AMAZING FEELING to see him and feel GOD'S presence on that field last night.  3 days over 9 months and my son is walking by the grace of GOD!  It's a slow pace and we still have a very long way to go but it is the beginning of NO MORE WHEELCHAIR and that much closer to being back to the somewhat normal Alex and becoming more independent!  I bet there were more wet eyes than dry in seeing how far my handsome boy has progressed at Superman Speed!  A huge thank you to Shannon Cone, Brooks' team mom.... who has loved my boys as if they were her very own for many years now and has always gone above and beyond her call of duty.  I love you Miss Shannon and can't thank you enough for all you have done and continue to do not only for my boys but the entire Cowboy team.  You are one in a million and we are truly blessed by your friendship!  NAA thank you for your continued love and support for my entire family.... always accommodating Alex when we get to the park and going out of your way to make sure he has exactly what he needs!  It's the little things in life these days that seem to matter the most and those of you at the park that go out of your way for my Alex.... GOD BLESS YOU.  It makes all the hard work, sleepless nights, hectic and stressful days all seem to fade when people reach out and show us a little kindness and generosity. A smile... a pat on the back... a "hi, how are ya'll doing"... a watermelon slushy for Alex,lol.... goes a LONG way for us.  Last nights feeling will never leave my body and makes it all worth the heartache I have been put thru worth the while.  THANK YOU.... THANK YOU....THANK YOU!  Thank YOU God for your continued miracles in our everyday life..... YOU never cease to amaze me with your almighty Grace!
Enjoy the pics below.... SEEING IS BELIEVING.....God has been working wonders on my boy!




















AMAZING...THANK YOU GOD!  HAVE A GREAT DAY!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa