On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ALEX PLAYED PUTT PUTT, LOL...SORTA



Today Alex did an amazing feat of practicing walking by himself.... no cane!  I was in front of him so I didn't get to video but I can't wait to show you!  You can see a little bit of him walking by himself holding the golf club..... hoping to show you more next week.  Every day he gets a little bit braver and braver having more confidence in himself....something I admire most about him.  Always pushing the envelope... with me, lol and at therapy.  Therapy works in his favor.... not so much with me, ha!  Today was one of those days that I needed time away.... time to take a breath.... regroup....walk away from the child as Alex used to say, lol.  ONE OF THOSE DAYS where nothing started out right... technical difficulties getting online to start school.... argumentative....he just couldn't grasp that we couldn't connect to the internet because of the internet... it was because of the computer we were on and he kept arguing with me to just get another computer...aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!  MAKE ME CRAZY!  I had my 4 year old today and it was a challenge.  We worked thru it and onto therapy where he shined of course!

I don't have a date yet as to when we travel to GA... we are just waiting on insurance authorization :0)

We are in the discussion of another botox procedure at the end of this month as that will be the 3 month period and his occupational therapist said today he seems to be getting tighter again.... WE DON'T WANT THAT.  I want him to have the procedure before the botox totally goes away.  Lots to get taken care of this month!

Therapy is booked for the rest of the week so we have no more therapy until Monday... CRAZY!  Sooo, I won't have much to blog about until then so I may not get on here unless something of particular interest pops up..... sorry.    Maybe I can just get on and post something inspirational for me as well, lol.  I may get stir crazy!

Have a great day!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP~!
LISA