On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Monday, October 4, 2010

I'M BACK!

WOW... I feel like it's been forever since I have been able to get on here!  Alex's computer is down, the hard drive is bad and we are waiting on a new one and a tech to come and install it.  On the phone with dell the past week, not a fun experience and Chad still has a few choice words for them. WE bought the accidental insurance package so we THOUGHT everything was covered... only you have to have a software service plan to be able to talk to someone to find out what is wrong with your computer... 269.00 for a year!  Sooo in order for them to tell me it was the hard drive I had to talk to tech support which cost me 269 for a year to run a diagnostic test and say that it was the hardware which is still covered under the original warranty so I should get my money back right?  Think again!  Had the original operator ran a diagnostic test prior to sending me to tech support then I wouldn't have needed the software service package and because they are a individual company who provides the tech support for Dell and they took my call... I must be charged.  WHAT THE HECK???  They made the software pkg support sound great because you can use it on all your dell computers... only they don't tell you that only get to use it 4 times!!! That's right ... 269 for a year but you can only call in 4 times!!  They didn't mention that until AFTER I was charged!   I'M OVER DELL RIGHT NOW TRUST ME!

My computer is running slow but I am making it work tonight so that I can blog!  I am uploading video of Alex's last occupational therapy but it tells me it has 136 minutes so I doubt I will get it on here tonight, lol.

Alex is doing great... walking around the house with his cane more and more... wheelchair less and less.  Not that he doesn't try us with the wheelchair... sometimes he is lazy and wants it but we just say it's easier for us if  he walks with us or with his cane.  Hopefully we will get to where it isn't even an issue and he won't wanna use the chair only for LONG walks... not to and from the bathroom around here lol.  WE had Friday off because we didn't have insurance authorization yet for more treatments at Brooks so we focused on some school to be able to get it all completed by October 22nd.  It's kicking my butt to juggle and find time to insert school with therapy with cooking and cleaning.... MY HOUSE IS A WRECK!  I finally folded 5 loads of laundry this morning thanks to Kinlin coming over and saying let's just do it while I am here!  I probably would have put it off again.  I told ya'll my house would be a little messier these days because I ain't sweating the small stuff.... however I haven't had a chance to do JACK around here.  I need to hit the lotto so I can have a nanny for my 17 year old who cooks and cleans as well lol!

School is going good for Alex, I believe he has all A;s and B;s right now in his classes.  He trips me out because things that I think he is going to get wrong because I think the answer I would have chosen has to be right... right??? WRONG... little booger is smarter than his momma lol!  AMAZING.... GOD YOU ARE TRULY AMAZING!  I give you all the credit ... truly a MIRACLE!  His auditory skills are just outta this world and I tell him all the time that he is smarter now than he was before lol!  He is like a sponge soaking EVERYTHING up and I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED!  Not to mention VERY PROUD!  He just might be able to get thru college and do this CSI thing after all!!!  Of course Alex thinks I am going to college with him.... hahahahaha!  My little coo coo bird!

Physically Alex is trucking right along.... no new significant change in the left arm... he is working at it though... He is a tough cookie and sooner or later it will all come back.... IN GOD'S TIME.

THE DREADED TRACH
We go tomorrow.... PLEASE PRAY.... PRAY AND PRAY AGAIN.... hoping that all looks good ... no significant scar tissue build up and an ample airway that the dang trach can finally come out!  PLEASE LORD LET IT BE TIME FOR THIS THING TO COME OUT!!  11:15 is our appointment... I already have it set in my mind that he will need another operation.... don't wanna get my hopes up like the past 3 times I thought it was coming out, lol.  This way if they say... all looks good, then it's only good news right?  If I'm already expecting the worse then we have no where to go but up this time!

We went to the James Otto concert Friday night with VIP tickets thanks to GATOR COUNTRY 99.9 and Eden Kendall..... Alex had his own private meet and greet with James Otto and some super hot chicks BOMBSHELL.  You know Alex got them with his whole kiss my cheek and then I will surprise you with a kiss on the lips routine...hahahahahaha. HE GOT THE GIRLS GOOD and they were cracking up! Ok I have been trying to download and get them on here... it's now 12:15am... gotta be up early for our doctor appt and therapy... then school...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!  It will all be worth it in the end... I keep telling myself I can do this... I can do ALL THINGS THROUGH HIM WHICH STRENGTHEN ME!  The days go by fast... the weeks come and go.... I can't believe it's already October!!!  Who would have ever thought we would be as far as we are today.... CERTAINLY NOT ME!  I feel like I have lost almost a whole year of my time.... but I am very very thankful that Alex has been here with me every step of the way... the good and the bad... the laughter and the tears..... THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!

FINALLY DOWNLOADED HERE YOU GO:



Signing off... quick shout out to the newlyweds... Brittany and Tyler.... BEAUTIFUL WEDDING... beautiful couple..... a match made in heaven.  So happy for you!  Joe and Deniece Moore be proud....you did a great job in raising a beautiful young lady.  Thank you for sharing that special day with us... soooo glad we could be a part of it!  I HAVE GREAT PICS!!!  xoxoxo

Remember..... my little prayer warriors.... I NEED YOUR PRAYERS TONIGHT/TODAY..... for that trach to be gone... once we get that thing out there will be no stopping us!  ALL DISTRACTIONS WILL BE GONE!  Stay tuned... I will let you know what happens!

PEACE~LOVE~ THUMBS UP!

Lisa