On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bunkered down!

My apologies for not getting on here sooner, probably the only reason I am on here now is that it is 4:18am as Alex just woke me up to go to the bathroom and I cannot for the life of me go back to sleep! Soooooo, I am putting free time to use, lol.

We have been bunkered down with a bum ankle, major school work to complete and a nasty stomach bug that just won't quit!  Just when I thought it was gone.... it pops back up again!

The xray last week was inconclusive so he had Alex wear this heavy boot thing that protected his ankle from rolling when having to stand on it to use the bathroom or transfer to bed/sofa.  All he kept saying was, "I don't need a cast".... "it doesn't hurt".... ONLY because he didn't want a cast with our cruise coming up.  Chad's brother is getting married next week on a cruise and for obvious reasons he wanted to be able to enjoy himself in water activities on and off the boat.  Anywho, we had to revisit the orthopedic doc again yesterday to see if the swelling had gone down and he could see if there was any type of fracture at all...THERE WAS NOT...THANK YOU GOD!  Doc says it is just a severe sprain.... sometimes those are worse!  It has been quite a week with the BOOT, ANKLE AND STOMACH BUG..... going to the bathroom every 5-10 minutes has not been an easy task with him!  A special thank you to my mother who has been driving every couple of days from Fernandina to watch him so that I can go to Brooks baseball games in the evenings because we tried one night with him at the ballpark and I WON'T BE DOING THAT AGAIN atleast until it's ALL OUT OF HIS SYSTEM, LOL!

We just found out from school that all of his online courses have to be completed by May 14th since we are going on our cruise!  Needless to say I have had him online every possible free minute that I can grab his attention span for!  HE WILL GRADUATE IF IT KILLS ME!  Soooo, needless to say the last week has been very stressful for me....he hasn't been able to go to therapy because he was ordered by the doctor for no weight bearing activities on that left foot until we knew what was going on, school work around the clock and the stomach bug!  CALGON TAKE ME AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  I should have saved the Hawaii trip for after graduation, lol!

Thanks to all of you who have written emails checking on Alex.... it's nice to know you are still there even though my blogging has become scarce these days.  Once we get through school, I will be able to breath again and I promise I'll get back to my duties once and for all. :0)  I ask that you keep Alex in your prayers for the next month so that he is able to focus longer than normal as we get thru this last bit of school work and finals and that his ankle doesn't give him trouble so that he can get back on track with recovery and be able to WALK ACROSS THAT STAGE on June 8th to receive his diploma!  God hasn't let me down yet and I truly feel like he will show us once again that HE IS IN CONTROL as I see my handsome boy WALK on June 8th!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
LISA