On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

COO COO WARD!

Sooo, I told you all yesterday how we have a new resident with us and prior to that we have "Rocky"..... Alex is just beside himself!  This morning we started off by waking at 5:30am because he went to sleep so early, lol.... well not so funny at 5:30am this morning!   I think he enjoys watching me get up, do stuff for him... then he waits till I just get settled in my blankets all cozy and then asks for something else.... like 5 times in a row!  Fix my leg....I go lay down.... Can you change me please.... I go lay down.... Can you get my food.... food doesn't come until 7am.. I go lay down.... Can you fix my leg again... I go lay down... My leg moved off of the pillow, I need you to fix it again mom, please.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!  Yes my dear sweet handsome miracle boy... I sure will, lol!  I take myself back to day one... 3 hours to live... God gives me the strength to get up each time with out pinching him lol!!  7:00am comes he eats.... I change him, occupational therapy comes in and he practices getting dressed with one hand.... gets out of bed, in chair... off to the bathroom to wash face and brush teeth..... while brushing his teeth we can hear "Old Yeller" we'll call her... "I WANT WAAAAAAAAATEEEEERRRRRRR"..... "GET ME SOME WATTTTTTTEEEEERRRR".... Alex at the vanity, with our door open yells back at her... " NOOOOOOOOO".... she says... " SHUT UP YOU SON OF A B%^$#!".... no lie... too funny.. he looks at me with the most astonished look on his face and says... " She just called me a son of a b%$#!" hahahahahaha.... so the new thing now is that when either Old Yeller or Rocky yell down the hall... Alex is yelling from our room back at them or pushing the nurses button a million times to tell them "tell them to shut the hell up"  Randi and I really feel like we are in the COO COO WARD!  We totally understand that they have brain injury's and by no means am I making fun of them.... I just think it's funny that Alex thinks they are crazy and he is doing the same stuff!! 

Randi and I had a great day out shopping today... got everything I wanted to get for him and then some!  We had a nice lunch with Chad and Viki at Cantina Loredo at St. Johns Town Center... beautiful weather.. awesome day... NICE TO GET OUT and not worry about Alex for a change.  Mom came here and brought him Popeyes... go figure... THANKS MOM for babysitting and bringing him his favorite food!  Brooks had a baseball game for Baldwin tonight at Jeff Davis so my other Mom-to-be, Miss Jeanne, Daddy Dillard and Collin came to babysit so we could go and support Brooks!  I LOVE YOU BOO..... and I love watching you play ball!!  WOW... two outings in one day.. WOWEEEWOW!!  So after Brooks' game I called to check and see how miracle boy was... you will never believe this because Randi and I... well our mouths dropped to the floor..... it was 7:10pm and Miracle Boy was ASLEEP!  WHAT???  ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR, LOL!  You would know that because we were out enjoying ourselves... he went fast asleep!  Viki said she thinks that he stays awake on purpose to aggravate us, ha ha!  Soooo, being he was fast asleep... we met up with Viki and Tom for some dinner at the Brick!!  GREAT DAY OUT!

So Mr. Alex is fast asleep and I am going to sign off because I know that if I don't go and lay down and close my eyes... his cute little behind will be waking me at 3am and GROUND HOGS DAY WILL START ALL OVER...saying... Fix my leg....I go lay down.... Can you change me please.... I go lay down.... Can you get my food.... food doesn't come until 7am.. I go lay down.... Can you fix my leg again... I go lay down... My leg moved off of the pillow, I need you to fix it again mom! 

THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!

For those of you who want to mail him a birthday card as I have had several requests for the address....... I would love to hang them up in his room ... We like home made ones too!!.... you can send them to:

Alex Ross
7749 Normandy Blvd.
#145-117
Jacksonville FL 32221




PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa

ps  Thank you Aunt Cindy for the awesome book on Hawaii.... WE CAN'T WAIT TO GO and the book will really help us plan out our trip!  xoxo